Monday, August 3, 2009

So many memories!

Where to begin... This post with be quite long, but I promise there is a lot of information about what has been happening. While Janeen and Addy were here visiting, I found out that I was pregnant! We were really happy and excited for another child to join our family. About four weeks later, I miscarried. Now we have to wait until we know Mike's fourth year schedule before trying again. I don't want to be here alone with a newborn and a crazy two year old!

On July 1st, Mike took his first board exam. He had studied months and months for a four hour test. We were so glad that he felt like the test went well and mostly, that it was finally over!! To celebrate being done with the test and also the Independence of our country, some of the student families got together for the 4th. We played all day at the park, ate pizza and played games for the evening and then watched the fireworks. It was such a fun, entertaining day!

In the mix of studying for boards, school, work, health issues and everything else, we were trying to pack up to move. It wasn't too far, in fact, we moved within the same building. We got the keys to the new apartment on the 12th (which was a Sunday), and had to be out of the old one by midnight on the 13th. We are so thankful for those who were willing to help us move and watch Ben for us! It is so nice to know there are amazing people everywhere you go. Now we are on the second floor and we have an attached garage. Grocery shopping by myself is possible now! We are paying less than we were and we have a bigger apartment. Go figure!

Mike only had one more rotation and then had a two week break! The first week was spent in Branson, Missouri with my parents. They flew into Chicago on the 16th and then we drove down together. We stopped in St. Louis and went to the Arch and also Six Flags. After that, we had a blast in Branson. We went to the Dixie Stampede, the Shanghai Circus, Ripley's Believe It or Not and an acapella group called Six. They were incredible! We also played mini-golf and went swimming a ton! Mike and I watched Harry Potter on the IMAX and it was amazing. I am a huge Potter fan and loved every minute of it! Ben loved hanging out with Papa and Grandma. He is still asking where they are.

We got back home on the 26th and Ron and Maggie came on the 27th. We had so much fun with them here! We went to a Brewers game, went to the city, and played lots of Guitar Hero! Ron and Maggie got married six months ago and this was the first time we have been able to be together since then. I loved getting to know Maggie and spend time with her!!

The last day they were here, Mike got his board results in the mail! He was anxious to get the letter because he had heard that other people had received theirs and he had not. But he passed and now that weight is lifted! I am so proud of him and his willingness to work so hard. He is such and amazing, dedicated husband, father and student!!

5 comments:

Jeff and aimie said...

I am sorry to hear that you miscarried. I hope it works out better the next time. Looks like you have had some real fun times this summer. Love the pictures!!!

Nate and Robin said...

Hey for you guys. I love it when a bit of stress goes away. :)

Butler Family said...

Sorry to hear you miscarried. I know things will be much better next time. You have had a busy month but also a fun one. Glad to see you have updated the blog. Nice to see you back

The Nielsens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Nielsens said...

When is the next time you'll be in WA?!!!